We need a completed booking form and a deposit to accept your booking.
But you should read all this stuff first:-
Before you book What to consider before you decide to book with us.
How to book How to pay a deposit and complete our booking form.
Later Payments What money will be due later and when.
International Payments Useful if you are not UK based.
Booking Conditions There are now only 13 to read.!
Most of ANDES courses and expeditions involve considerable commitment, experience and fitness from our clients. So please take time to think things through before sending us your non-refundable deposit. Please read the relevant files, think about your aims and experience. Better still email or phone and ask some questions. Be honest about your level of fitness and your previous experience.
Please read the detailed risk assessment for your expedition. You should also read our specific warning on altitude before booking any expedition to high altitudes (over 4000m). It's also worth reading the comments about our style of expedition, as we run more interesting and more adventurous trips than the majority of companies.
You need to send us two things:-
1. BOOKING FORM .... Please print out, complete and sign the PDF booking form and post this to us. You can also send it as an email attachment. Whichever method you choose, we do need a copy of your signature on the booking form. The PDF form should print best, but if you can't use the PDF form click here for a Microsoft Word booking form
2. DEPOSIT.... The deposit for all overseas courses and expeditions is £500 per person (€700 or US$800 or equivalent in any major currency). Please pay by cheque payable to John Biggar or send us your deposit through PayPal if you want to use a credit or debit card. You can also make a bank transfer - please email and request the correct bank details. If you use Paypal or make a bank transfer please don't forget to send us your booking form, stating clearly which trip you are booking!
Postal address for booking forms and cheque deposits :- Andes, 37a St Andrew Street, Castle Douglas, Kirkcudbrightshire, DG7 1EN, SCOTLAND.
1. Balance Payment The balance you owe us for guiding/leadership fees will be due four months before your scheduled departure.
2. Flights Once we can guarantee that a course or expedition will run you can book and pay for your flights. Most clients do this directly on the internet. However we can also make reservations for you through Journey Latin America, a London based specialised travel agency we have worked with for over twenty years. An estimate of the flight cost from the UK is provided in the trip information page and on our Calendar page.
3. Accommodation and travel costs These will be divided equally amongst the leader and clients in country. For some of these costs the leader may organise a kitty system to make this run more smoothly. An estimate of these costs is provided in every expedition information page and also on our Calendar page. Further details are also available on our Accommodation and Travel Costs page.
Please click on the following link for information about international payments if you do not live in the UK. These are easiest to make using PayPal but we can also accept electronic bank transfers.
Please note. If you are a US or Canadian citizen and resident in the US or Canada please contact us before booking. Due to insurance costs we may not be able to accept you. If you are a citizen of USA/Canada living elsewhere, or a citizen of another country but living in the USA/Canada, or a previous client of ours, we will probably be able to accept your booking.
If you have any questions about the booking process please contact us
or by phone 01556 503929 (use +44 1556 503929) if calling from outside the UK
or write to us at Andes, 37a St Andrew Street, Castle Douglas,
Kirkcudbrightshire, DG7 1EN, SCOTLAND
Valid from 1st May 2012
With a minor revision to booking condition 6 made on 22nd June 2012.
...and changes in our cancellation charges, booking condition 4, from 1st January 2015.1. Your booking is made with John Biggar t/a ANDES, 37a St Andrew Street, Castle Douglas, Kirkcudbrightshire, DG7 1EN, Scotland. John Biggar is the sole proprietor of ANDES. VAT number GB 751 2817 38. The terms and conditions of all agreements and contracts made with ANDES will be subject to Scottish Law and the courts of Scotland will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute.
2. Your booking will be confirmed when we have received a completed booking form and 500 pounds deposit per person (or equivalent in other currency). Bookings made less than four months before departure must be paid in full.
3. The balance you owe ANDES for guiding/leadership fees must be paid four months before the course or expedition starts.
4. Cancellation charges are as follows: More than four months notice - Deposit only. Two to four months notice - 75% of cost. Less than two months notice - 100% of cost.
5. If ANDES have to cancel an expedition for any reason all money paid to ANDES will be refunded in full.
6. The minimum number of customers required to run most of our expeditions is three. Two months before departure we'll let you know if we have insufficient numbers to run the trip you are booked on. You can then choose between a full refund, postponement, or a free transfer to another course or expedition. We recommend that you do not book flights or other transport until we have reached the minimum numbers required.
7. All customers must be insured for medical costs and repatriation in an emergency. Please send us a copy of your insurance policy as soon as possible after booking. We recommend having good general travel insurance in place for other eventualities such as your cancellation, theft, curtailment etc.
8. Baggage and personal effects are at all times at the customers risk.
9. The customer is responsible for any visas and/or immunisations necessary. Full information on requirements is available in the expedition information pages available on this website.
10. It is understood and acknowledged by the customer and their heirs that the courses and expeditions ANDES organise are all potentially hazardous as they involve travel in countries with poor general safety standards and adventurous travel in mountainous terrain and other remote areas. The customer understands that many places visited have no proper medical facilities. All risks and hazards of travelling in such remote and dangerous areas are assumed by the customer on signing the declaration and the customer and their heirs release ANDES from any liability in connection with the above risks whatsoever. It is a condition of booking that the customer has read and accepted the risk assessment relevant to the itinerary booked.
11. ANDES will not be responsible for any delays or alterations to the stated itineraries caused by illness, weather, strikes, war, terrorism, political events or any other circumstances clearly beyond our control.
12. Customers must be reasonably fit and competent for the chosen activity as detailed in the course or expedition information pages. Anyone who falls so far short of this condition as to frustrate the ambitions or endanger the health of other customers will be asked to withdraw from the course or expedition without refund. Any aggressive, abusive or anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated. Any client who acts in these ways will be removed from the expedition without refund.
13. It is necessary that all customers follow instructions and guidance given by their leader and abide by their leaders decisions and in signing the declaration the customer agrees to do so.
2. ANDES will not pass on your email address, land address or phone number to anyone, anywhere without your permission. Ever.
3. On certain expeditions and courses it is necessary for us to pass on your name and/or date of birth and/or passport number to purchase mountain & trekking permits etc. ANDES will normally do this without asking specific permission. Please let us know before booking if you are unhappy about us doing this.