Index to the Information Files on the Andes Website
We've many pictures and some brief details of over 230 mountains of the Andes here. However if you want to get full details on how to go about climbing these peaks we're afraid you'll have to spend some money and buy our guidebook! It does contain over 300 pages of information and gives descriptions of how to climb over 300 peaks.
- We now have a list of peaks on this website in alphabetical order
- The 6000m peaks of the Andes The definitive list of the 6000m peaks in the Andes which was published in 'The Andes' by John Biggar - text only but with links to further information files and photos of all of the one hundred and one 6000m peaks.
- The 5000m peaks of the Andes The definitive list of the 5000-6000m peaks in the Andes is now being revised - text only but with links to photos and further information on many of the peaks.
- The peaks of the Patagonian Andes The definitive list of the high peaks in the Patagonian Andes is now being revised - text only but with links to photos and further information on many of the peaks.
- Trekking and Climbing Guide A mostly text section with basic information on planning a trek plus details of some of the famous climbing and trekking areas in the Andes. Contains information files on Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina and Patagonia - mostly text, but lots of information and links to photos.
- Where to go and What to do Basic information about the adventure opportunities in South America - text only
- South America Travel Info Basic information on visas, flights, hotels etc. for travel in South America - text only
- Rock Climbing Information Information on the best rock climbing destinations in South America.
- Skiing Information Information on the ski resorts of Chile and Argentina and the ski mountaineering options in the Andes
Photo Galleries Lots of photos of life on our expeditions and in the Andes.