Index to the Information Files on the Andes Website
We've many pictures and some brief details of over 230 mountains of the Andes here. However if you want to get full details on how to go about climbing these peaks we're afraid you'll have to spend some money and buy our guidebook! It does contain over 300 pages of information and gives descriptions of how to climb over 300 peaks.
- We now have a list of peaks on this website in alphabetical order
- The 6000m peaks of the Andes The definitive list of the 6000m peaks in the Andes, published in 'The Andes - A Guide for Climbers' by John Biggar. This list is text only but with links to further information files and photos of all of the one hundred 6000m peaks.
- For 6000m peaks with between 200m and 400m prominence see our Subsidiary 6000m peaks page.
- The 5000m peaks of the Andes The definitive lists of the 5000-5999m peaks in the Andes - text only but with links to photos and further information on many of the peaks.
- For 5000m peaks with between 300m and 400m prominence see our Subsidiary 5000m peaks page.
- The peaks of the Patagonian Andes The definitive list of the high peaks in the Patagonian Andes - text only but with links to photos and further information on many of the peaks.
- Trekking and Climbing Guide A page with basic information on planning a trek plus details of some of the famous climbing and trekking areas in the Andes. Contains information files on Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina and Patagonia.
- Where to go and What to do Basic information about the adventure opportunities in South America.
- South America Travel Info Basic information on visas, flights, hotels etc. for travel in South America.
- Rock Climbing Information Information on the best rock climbing destinations in South America.
- Skiing Information Information on the ski resorts of Chile and Argentina and the ski mountaineering options in the Andes
Photo Galleries Lots of photos of life on our expeditions and in the Andes.